Thursday, February 13, 2014

the beginning

My daughter, Ellie, and I both love to read. We often choose to read science fiction and fantasy. She was choosing to re-read the same books over and over again (Harry Potter mainly) I thought reading a book together might be a great way for us to spend some time together and encourage her to expand her book selection. We started with some Percy Jackson books, but I grew bored and had trouble coming up with things to talk about. Then the Newbery Award were given out for this year and I thought, wouldn't it be great if we read award winning books because they will hopefully provide some deeper themes. Also, I'm hoping we will be able to find discussion topics online if need be. Our first book, however, isn't an award winner. I selected the book,100 Cupboards (100 Cupboards, Bk 1) , because it received a lot praise and it sounded interesting. Also, we were able to check it out of the library right away to our kindles. We are on the waiting list for our next choice - Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment